Tuesday, July 13, 2010

JULY 7

I went for a run today into town about three and a half miles away. Too bad i didn't make it all the way into town. Over half way and I turned around. The entire point was to go into town to use the computer, but here in France everything closes at noon. That means I would have been sitting on the porch of the library for two hours. I thought going back and lying by the pool would be a better idea.

I don't know why, but I get nervous when I run alone. Even in Pontivy where crime is virtually obsolete, I was turning back to look at the dirt road just to make sure I didn't see a tractor driving my way. I ran through wheat field and corn field that made me feel as if i was in the middle of nowhere. I could see Guemene from the top of the hill. The city looked old and all that could really be seen was the tops of building and the steeple of the church.

Dinner was phenomenal. Dr. Davis's wife and friend April have been preparing dinner the past few night and have quite an exquisite menu for the rest of the trip. Tonight we enjoyed pork chops and carrots with the most delectable salad I have ever tried. I’m eating better here than I did in Seattle during the final months before graduation.

Dinner is casually followed by games. Sometime Scrabble and sometimes cards, it depends on what is available. The hottest game tonight was called “Russian Idiot.” It took a while to catch on, but once I got it I was rolling with the big dogs. It’s very similar to the game thirteen if you have ever heard of that. Mikhial was supposed to be the expert, since he is the Russian, but soon enough four of us were kicking his butt. Joel, Stephanie, Sabrina and I all were taking the game as if it was our own. I loved it. I think it is my new favorite card game. The game came to an end and the entire group planted themselves in front of the television for the World Cup. Spain versus Germany! What seemed to be a great showed Spain absolutely destroying Germany. Spain moved the ball so quickly and just passed right around Germany. The more I watch soccer the more I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment