Sunday, July 11, 2010

JULY 4

I slept till just afternoon, missing breakfast completely and barely waking up in time for lunch. The travels had finally set in to my system and I needed time to recover. The gang was lying by pool just relaxing so I decided to follow suit. Dinner came quickly and we had a lovely meal prepared by Maggie, Dr .Davis’s wife. Then the adventure of the Farm began. Some may ask what this farm had for crops, well peas, peas and more peas, fields of peas beyond your dreams, and a bit of corn too. There are two cottages with separate rooms and apartment style living quarters that face the south. There is a nice pool just beyond the garden area where everyone seems to be hanging out the most. I think all of us Seattleites are deprived of sunshine. Sad, but a few of the girls look like lobsters after their first day. I should have worn more sun block. Guess they learned their lesson since they can’t move today without an “oo” or an “ahhh” sound effect. Painful I bet. The farm property is relatively large, but then again I’m not sure how farm is actually goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment