Sunday, July 11, 2010

JULY 5

Today was nice. Cloudy in the morning and sun broke by the afternoon. Of course Im always the antsy one of the group so I got up early and with my new friend Stephanie we ran to a close by town called Leong. It’s very small and I’m not sure you could even Google it. We were chased by a sheep dog on our way back, which for a second made my heart skip a beat. You just never know what dogs you can trust. Breakfast was fruit, Nutella and baguettes and eggs if one so pleased. Since I had no plans I decided to take on a bit more of the active side for the day as if running wasn’t enough. I practiced yoga for about 30 minutes then rounded up a crew to walking into town. Now, we were told this was only a ten minute max and it shouldn’t take long to walk, but an hour and a half later we finally arrived at the town and could barley stand we were so thirsty. Beer always quenches ones thirst, right? The three girls ahead of me walked by this on bar and a man walked out, shook his head and walked back inside. Dre and I just laughed hysterically and the many walked back outside. “hey, I didn’t mean it that way.” I turned around a young gentleman, about 20 years old with an English accent was waving at us. Dre and I just couldn’t help but laugh that he was making fun of US, the Americans. We were just happy that he spoke English. He pointed us in the direction of the library since that’s what we went to town for and we were on our way. Somehow we passed it, turned around and passed it again. When we found it, the sign said closed. An hour and a half walk and the damn place was close. Grrr. That’s how I felt. Oh well, time for a beer. That’s right about the time that we ran into Jay.

Jay and Ash own the bar that we went to. They are both fairly young, Ash is 30 and Jay is 20. They’re from the UK and have quite a strong accent. They moved to France fifteen years ago with their parents and have been going back and forth ever since. The bar was creative, old style and delicate. Simple is the best word that I can use to describe this place. One shelf, one bathroom, one painting and hardly any decorations besides what was in the place when Ash bought it. This is where we spent the rest of the afternoon. We became good friends with Jay and he ended up showing us around town and taking us to the super market, which we had searched for earlier and were out of luck. Just after leaving the market we saw a few members from out group who must have had the same idea we did. Buy wine and bring it back to the cottages. Why not… we are in France! And away we went back to the villas with just ten pounds on our shoulders. Halfway home we were exhausted and had to call for a car. Yes, we were that sluggish.

Nightfall quickly came and the games were everywhere. From soccer to water volleyball, to beer pong the games were on. The days seem to last forever when the sun doesn’t set till 10. It’s nice to not have anything on my plate but the food that I will put into my belly. It’s time to get some rest and truly take in what it means to relax. I don’t know if I know what that word means, but I sure am going to try to figure it out while I’m here.

No comments:

Post a Comment