Thursday, July 29, 2010

JULY 18

A day at the beach


A day at the beach was all I really needed to get me back in sync. I was missing home so much and all I wanted to do was be somewhere that reminded me of home. What better place to go than the beach. The downfall… no beach volleyball. How can there be a beach as big as the eye can see and no beach volleyball. I was shocked. Soccer balls were everywhere,  and maybe two volleyballs, but no nets. Everyone just say on the sand and seemed to soak up the sun. I try to be a beach baby, but I get so bored just laying down. I usually need something to do. Riding the waves was the next best thing I could do. I exhausted most of my energy swimming and collapsed on the beach for a good hour sleeping face down. Thank goodness for sun block, otherwise I might have been burned rather badly.


For one reason or another I started off the day a bit off beat. I wasn’t as peppy or cheery like usually. I just let the home sickness het to me too much and the stress of what awaits me in Seattle. The beach took care of it all. My stress went out with the waves and I seemed to be good as new when I awoke from my nap. What is it that is so relaxing about the beach? IS it the sand, the waves, the sun, the sounds…? I’m not sure. I just close my eyes and every nerve ending in my body seems to go limp. Who needs therapy when therapy when there’s a beach?


I may have part of it figured out. People live such busy lives, this much we all know is true, but when you go to the beach everything is put on hold. No computer, no work, nothing to irritate you and tell you have something else to do. When there is nothing beeping, or ringing, or vibrating to send you a message things seem to settle down. So if your worries or stressed take electronic out of your life for just a while. Take a break from it all and enjoy the better parts of life. Not to say electronic are bad…. Let’s be honest I go crazy when I don’t have internet here, but there is a part of me that enjoys not having to check my e-mail everyday or check my phone for messages.


It was a perfect day and a perfect way to end my stay in Honfleur.

No comments:

Post a Comment