Monday, August 2, 2010

Aug 3

Her name is Luce, she is twice my age and she has a heart of gold. She is absolutely adorable. In just a few days I have come to just adore her in every way. Funny thing is I can barely understand her. Just a few words here and there, but I get the gist. She is so full of life and energy. She says that I remind her of herself when she was young. 16 actually, but I will just say young for the sake of it.

 

You know you are in the presence of a great woman when you are automatically uplifted just by being around them. It’s in their spirit. Something about Luce just puts you in a good mood. 

 

Funny little coincidence… when I was at the market yesterday I was standing in an alleyway with Stephanie against a door. Well after a song or two I get a strong tug on my right shoulder and there in front of me is Luce. In the entire town to stand I was standing in front of her door. She invited Stephanie and I in to see her home. What a beautiful place it was and so organized. All the white lace everywhere was very French. I loved it. She is to be married in October so some wedding announcements filled her dinning room, but for her place she had everything well kept. It felt so homey in her apartment. She made all of her drapes and even had a few dresses that she pulled out that she had made. What a talented women. Somehow Stephanie and I had a great conversation with her, but I have no idea how it happened. The more I am here the more I understand. I may not have the grammar, but I can get a few words here and there.

 

Anyways, to the point.  This woman Luce made an impact on me tonight. I couldn’t stop smiling. She said anytime I want to visit I can visit her. A truly sweet woman. She is even going to send emails back and forth with me so she and I can learn each others languages. What she said was so true. Life is short. Live your life today. Live it knowing that the answer is tomorrow so don’t worry today. Have a good life. Its hard to explain from my point of view. A French woman translated for us and I will be changed from here on out. Just like in any great experience,,,, you change, 

No comments:

Post a Comment