Thursday, July 1, 2010

Task Number One: Make it to the airport!

So it is all winding down to the final hours. I have moved out of my house and re-packed too many times. I have never felt as nervous as I feel now, but with all great risks there are great benefits. France is calling me and I just hope I'm ready. I am not sure what to expect, which is the one reassuring aspect of this trip. A wise person once told that if you have expectations then you will surely be let down. I can have ambitions and dreams for the trip, but if i envision the trip to be one way and one way only, then I am not truly embracing the culture. So here's to letting a bit of my controlling side go. People said I will change on this trip and I assure you i will, hopefully all for the better. my eyes will be opened to completely new horizons and I'm ready to soak it all up, for a new chapter is starting in my life and this trip is the cornerstone of that new chapter. It's a time for adventure and personal growth.

I am leaving behind what i have known for four years and when i return nothing will be the same. I will be living somewhere unknown to even me, I will have a new job and be living a different lifestyle without the pleasures of playing volleyball five days a week. I have made some of the best friends of my life here in Seattle over the past few years, and although I am not moving away permanently, there is no denying that things will have changed in five months. people are moving away and moving on with there life. That's the thing that gets me the most. People will keep on living there life. My reality may be on a temporary pause, but for everyone else, they are still competing in this rat race of life. Aren't we all? Good thing I'm taking this trip now before the typhoon sucks me in.

We'll see how my French turns out after a few weeks. I have bought the CD's for French Immersion, but my instincts are telling me that the woman on the CD speaks much more slowly than people of France. Let's just hope I can find my way around the airport then I can go from there. One thing at a time folks. Here I go!

au revoir

Jessica

1 comment:

  1. "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -- Mark Twain

    ReplyDelete