Thursday, July 29, 2010

JUlY 20

Versailles

It’s hot and muggy once again and everyone is running low on energy. To walk through all of Versailles you have to be ready for it. Some say it could take two or three days to walk through because there is so much to see. I guess it depends how fast you go. I ran through it! No, just kidding, but my group did go faster than most people I would say.


Versailles was built by King Loui IVX while France was starving> it was more of a hunting lodge than anything, and since he didn’t like Paris, Versailles was the perfect location. The palace is truly magnificent in every way. The gate to the entrance of the palace is covered in gold and shines like the sun itself. The gardens are splendid! Perfectly trimmed and maintain as they should be, just as Loui would have had them.  


Words can barely describe what I say today and pictures will never do the palace justice. All I have to say is go for a visit. Take a day off of work, maybe a few… and go to France to visit Versailles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment