Wednesday, July 21, 2010

JULY 14

Bastille Day

 

It was a memorable day for sure. It was the celebration of Bastille Day. I went for a run in the morning and then went to the store to get champagne for the evening. Kir Royal has become one of my new favorite drinks.

 

Stephanie Preece and I are becoming great friends. I truly enjoy the talks that we have had and I can see us being friends after  the trip as well. I am thankful to have someone like her on the trip. She is easy going but has a very strong opinion about some things. I respect her for her thoughts and views. I find that the more we talk the more similar we are. She also gives great advice. She wants to be a counselor so I am just giving her great practice.

 

A few of us walked into the city before dinner to work up an appetite. I’ve noticed that it seems like the same groups of people are hanging out all the time. This is what society likes to call clicks. No matter where you go you will always find clicks. People naturally gravitate towards their common interests, so when there are large groups of people the clicks naturally occur. No one wants to be alone, so finding common ground with someone is the best way to solve that problem.

 

After dinner the entire group went out on the town. This is a sight to see. In a town like Honfleur a group like us is noticed very easily. US Americans are so loud compared to French people. It was pretty fun that when we walked into the bar that we have already been to a few times, they automatically turned on American music. Of course this made me happy, but it was pretty funny to say the least.

 

One of the girls on the trip had her French romance with the owner of the bar’s son. He was cute, but didn’t speak a bit of English. Luckily she spoke French, but not a ton.  We’ll see where it goes from here. Anyone who knows my family knows that a long distance relationship isn’t anything far fetched. Just look at Pablo and Alisha. He didn’t speak any English when they met and Alisha didn’t speak Spanish, but now they are married. You just never know.

 

The night felt young even at 2am. Everyone was still going strong and turned the bar into more of a club. People from all over were dancing in the bar and the former dinner guests had all gone home, so the bar was ours for the night. By the time we left I was exhausted and had no idea how I was going to recovery for our excursion in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment